Consumers of CBD oil typically report feeling calm & relaxed. CBD typically provides a soothing and uplifting experience that has also been referred to as warm and inviting. This makes CBD oil the perfect addition to any stressful routine and it especially helps induce a state of calm before a good night’s rest. CBD oil will not make you feel high or intoxicated, as it must have less than 0.3% THC to be legally sold online.
With all the news lately about CBD, it’s easy to see why there’s confusion. It is the most prominent non-intoxicating cannabinoid, and commonly compared to THC. Since they’re both cannabinoids many people are confused about the role CBD plays on your body. While it doesn’t get users “high,” CBD can provide feelings of bliss for many. To explain how CBD really feels, we need to first understand how it works in the body.
Effects of CBD on the body
Like THC, CBD impacts the endocannabinoid system (ECS). However, it has a soothing, relaxing effect as opposed to THC’s intoxicating high. Cannabinoids like CBD and THC interact with your body through endocannabinoid receptors and enzymes that live within your ECS. Cannabinoids from CBD oil (or whatever cannabis product you consume) bind to these receptors and enzymes which then work to break them down. While THC activates the CB1 receptors, CBD inhibits activity at the same receptors and binds to many other targets in the body (including at least 12 action sites in the brain that have been discovered).
CBD and the ECS
The ECS allows the cannabinoids to move throughout multiple pathways of the body at the same time. This is what causes the overall positive feelings and beneficial effects of CBD which can be felt throughout your entire body and mind. While there’s not yet enough research to make and withstanding medical claims about the health impacts of CBD, many people claim that CBD has been an effective remedy for their chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, and many other issues.
Now that you know how it will affect your body, how does it make you feel?
How will CBD make me feel?
While CBD affects everyone a little bit differently, most consumers report positive effects, including calmness and relaxation, but the actual effect will depend on the type of product, dosage, and your own body chemistry. Depending on the relief you seek, the effects of CBD can vary. Different CBD products may prove more beneficial than others. For instance, CBD-infused topicals have been reported to provide relief in pain-specific areas, while a CBD oils may be better suited to help with getting a more restful night’s sleep or assisting with issues from anxiety.
tl;dr: A CBD-infused topical can be helpful for specific ailment areas such as an aching knee, while a CBD oil might help with less specific ailments. Different products will vary your experiences.
What’s the difference between hemp oil, CBD oil, full spectrum oil?
We know, there are tons of products out there and it can get confusing. Looking at an assortment of CBD oils, the selection can seem overwhelming. Let’s take a look at some of the key differences:
- Hemp-derived CBD oil that is sold online or in a non-dispensary store must contain less than 0.3%THC, so you’ll experience virtually no intoxicating effects.
- 1:1 CBD:THC oil is available for sale in most dispensaries and can contain much higher THC levels, which can cause intoxication. These types of CBD oil tinctures are illegal to sell online, but are available in adult-use and medical marijuana dispensaries.
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil includes all the plant’s original terpenes and other cannabinoids, such as cannabinol (CBN), cannabigerol (CBG) and THC.
- Broad-Spectrum CBD Oil is also derived from hemp, the only difference being broad spectrum oils have had all THC content completely removed
- CBD Isolate is just CBD. It can be found as an oil or as a white powder or crystalline solid, CBD isolate has had other cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids completely removed, containing 99% or higher pure CBD.
It’s worth noting that cannabinoids are thought to function best in tandem. Meaning the effects of all cannabinoids combined cause the full plant power to take effect. This is more generally known as the “entourage effect.” So take a look at the range of high-quality CBD products offered by Green Owl Wellness. We take extreme measures to deliver only the best CBD products!